GROUP CLASSES & PROGRAMS
Showing all 5 results
- Students will get creative in this 3D Art class while experimenting with all kinds of sculptable materials! Clay, plasticine, play dough and found recyclable materials will all be used to give students a hands-on approach to their creativity.
Students will explore different techniques and tools and discover how all kinds of materials can be transformed into anything they desire!
- Using tools that allow for adding shape and texture
- Learning how to assemble many pieces to create one form
- Using paint to decorate sculptures
- Travel the world without leaving the art studio in this multi-media class! Students will learn art techniques, styles and traditions from across the globe that will have them printing, painting, and sculpting across all kinds of cultures.
Some highlighted works:
- Weaving from Africa
- Mural Art from Mexico
- Vases from Greece
- Cave Art from France
- From urban cityscapes to natural scenery, join us on a creative journey to discover and create vast open fields, deep oceans and blue skies. In this hands on class, students will learn about perspective and the tricks the landscape masters used to achieve an illusion of depth and space.
- Using everyday materials that can be found around the house
- Learning the principles of landscape art to make colourful and realistic imagery
- Using a variety of tools and practice fine motor skills
- Swirls, brush, splatter… fold, turn and glue! Students will get to do it all in this class that combines painting techniques with paper art. Students will learn all kinds of 2D paper art techniques to give them necessary skills for creating all types of art. Colour, texture, and application will all be explored through using paint and paper in a variety of fashions.
- Mixing colours and learning about the color wheel
- Learning about natural and artificial textures
- Experimenting with different brushstrokes
- Learning how to layer and collage
- Fine motor skill development
- In this tasty art class, students will take inspiration from their favourite meals to create wonderful works of art. Food will be our muse in the studio, serving as inspiration for a wide variety of pieces. Classes will also teach about artists who also share the love of making delicious-looking art pieces..
From clay burgers to paper pies, these projects will be hard to resist taking a bite of!
- Preparing paper collages
- Constucting with paper, clay, and more
- Handling a variety of materials for different outcomes
- Holding art tools properly and practice fine motor skills
- Hand-eye coordination