- SINGING: vocal warm ups, pitch exploration and in-tune singing, solo singing
short phrases when comfortable
- DANCING: free movement and basic choreographed movements, experiencing
music through our whole body
- PLAYING: experimenting with different musical elements such as dynamics
(loud/soft), tempo (fast/slow), pitch (high/low), beat, rhythm, conducting, imitation,
- TIMBRE: exposure to different instruments and qualities of sound e.g. wood,
metal, guitar, ukulele, xylophone, drums, percussion etc.
- STORIES: to help stimulate the imagination
- Introduction of MUSIC NOTATION using visuals
- SOLFEGE syllables: ear training using the syllables “so, la, mi”
- COLOURING SHEETS: to reinforce concepts learned each week
- MUSICAL GENRES: FOLK, COUNTRY, DISCO, JAZZ, REGGAE,
- And of course FUN!